Sunday 31 January 2010

Tea time treat

This green and ivory handbag and shoe was for a friend's 40th. She wanted the colours to be ivory and green and since Chanel is one of her favourite designers, I quilted the bag as a nod to the classic handbag design. The cake handle was a challenge but I got there in the end. The bow I deliberately made a darker green shade than the handle so it could stand out. The inside of the cake was a superb triple chocolate cake filled with chocolate ganache (for quality control purposes I had to taste quite a lot of the cake as you can surely understand :).

On a dfferent note, I am very thankful to God for the amazing friendships He has given me over the years. I was taken out for high tea by one such friend at Sketch - The Parlour (http://www.sketch.uk.com/) yesterday. There was a huge wait for a table but luckily my friend had made a reservation.


There was a lovely selection of teas from Assam to Lapsang Souchong (I simply love the way it sounds!) and the cakes, pastries and sandwiches were absolutely delicious! Sketch might just become my new favourite place to hang out and I am definitely going back for a visit. So Julie, thanks for the fabulous treat.




No comments: