Sunday 3 January 2010

Happy 2010 to you all!





Three days into the New Year and I haven't broken any of my resolutions. Well technically I haven't because I didn't make any! One thing I am determined to do, is make better cakes and try new techniques. I will also try and keep you updated with my progress (or lack of) over the next few months.

I have posted the second set of photos of the winning cake in the 'Safari animals' section of Wedding TV's The Great Cake Bake. The bride's fiance is from South Africa, her favourite animal is the Giraffe and they have a cute 18 month old boy. I came up with this
particular design as I wanted the cake to look elegant, avoiding animal print overload. I made a topper consisting of a family of Giraffes under a 'tree' and at the side of the cake were pairs of the big four safari animals.
While the cake design was easy to come up with, the execution was hard work but I thoroughly enjoyed making this cake!



No comments: