Friday 9 April 2010

Web designers!!!

This post is a bit of a rant. For the past 18 months, I've tried to get someone to update my website. The first web designer I engaged (who I thought was a good friend) let me down badly despite all the work I passed on to him!!

12 months later, at the end of last year, I held a competitive bid process to try and find someone else. I selected someone who seemed the most professional (he had done a lot of competitor analysis and had lots of suggestions on how I can improve my current website etc).

He said the work will be done in four weeks and I paid a deposit. Guess what? No website!! Four months later after lots of promises and a half completed website (how hard can it be to include a photo gallery???) and unmet deadlines (the final one being 9am this morning) I've had to engage someone else and quite frankly, I am pissed off!!

I have no faith anything will be done till I see it. In the meantime, watch this space...................

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hi Elizabeth,

It's Lindsay from Cake Decorating Courses. I noticed when I reviewed your blog that your website had a lot of broken links and now I've just read this post. My husband is whiz bang with things like that – he designed and programmed my blog directory and sorts out all my website woes. If you are still stuck I can give you his email or you have my phone number. He's a lovely bloke – okay maybe I'm biased – he doesn't do professional web design, but he may be able to help you get your site working.

Lindsay